ACAPPELLOOZA FALL 2016 IS COMING.
The Ambassadors of Harmony chorus is proud to partner with the University of Missouri-St. Louis to host Acappellooza Fall, a popular annual festival that draws more than 1,000 St. Louis-area students to the UMSL campus. Acappellooza Fall offers a unique educational experience that immerses young people in the joy of singing a cappella music and introduces them to some of the best vocal coaching in the nation.
BOYS SESSION: SEPT. 20 from 8:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
GIRLS SESSION: SEPT 21 from 8:15 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
WHERE: Touhill Performing Arts Center at the University of Missouri-St. Louis
COST: $15 per student (non-refundable)
Mail check by Sept. 9 payable to the Ambassadors of Harmony to:
The Ambassadors of Harmony, P.O. Box 131, St. Charles, Mo. 63302-0131
- Each session is limited to 550 students. Lunch is provided.
- Registration is first-come, first-served with a couple of exceptions: (a) Registering schools that tried but could not get into last year's event will be considered first. (b) Schools that couldn't get students into both the boys and girls sessions last year will be considered first for the gender that could not participate.
- There may still be openings after registration closes. Spots will be filled with returning schools that meet the registration deadline on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please provide an accurate projection of the number of students you are registering to allow as many students as possible can participate.
- All music is provided and collected at the festival. There is no need for you to prepare students. Directors will reinforce techniques you teach in the classroom.
- Teachers and students will be treated to a concert of top-notch singers and vocal ensembles.
- Students will experience the thrill of performing in the Touhill Performing Arts Center and be part of an engaging activity that will motivate them to want to sing for life.
From Interstate 70 to the east entrance and ticket office:
Take the Florissant Road exit (exit 240A) and travel south a half mile to Bellerive Drive. Turn right onto park in the Millennium Student Center Garage to your left or in parking lot E to your right. Valet parking is available in the circle drive in front of the entrance during performances. Follow signs for handicapped parking.
From Interstate 70 to the west entrance:
Take the Florissant Road exit (exit 240A) and take the first right onto Mark Twain Drive. Travel west to the intersection. Turn left and then take the first right. Proceed to parking in lot K to the right. Follow signs for handicapped parking.