The Ambassadors of Harmony (www.aoh.org) and Missouri Baptist University (www.mobap.edu) have teamed together to host a one-day a cappella singing festival, AcaFest! In the spirit of building a stronger choral tradition in the St. Louis area, four-time Barbershop Harmony Society chorus champions The Ambassadors of Harmony (AOH) have called together local student choruses to perform on stage and meet their peers. This is a great opportunity for high-schoolers to make connections with college groups they may eventually join and for both to make connections with AOH.
The Ambassadors of Harmony are heavily involved in attempting to improve the prospects of local youth singers, with the scholarship they have offered for twenty years, the fall youth festival they have cohosted for fifteen years (Acappellooza Fall), the summer youth camp they have cohosted for four years (Acappellooza Summer), the high-school quartet mentoring program (Project Harmony St. Louis), the youth chorus they formed that is in its fifth year (The Recruits Chorus), and now AcaFest.
The schools participating in this year’s festival are as follows:
- Francis Howell HS - Treblemakers
- Washington University - Visions Gospel Choir
- De Smet Jesuit High School - Black Robe
- St. Charles Community College - Now That We're Men
- Christian High School - Chamber Choir
- Troy Buchanan High School - Dodecachix & Dodecaphonics
- Missouri Baptist University - Legacy Voices
- Ft. Zumwalt South - Chamber Choir
- Wentzville Holt High School - Chamber Singers
- Eureka High School - Treble Chamber
With a special guest appearance by The Recruits Chorus, and a set by the Ambassadors of Harmony.
This non-ticketed event is free to all.
Saturday October 29, 2016 3-5pm Pillsbury Chapel on the campus of Missouri Baptist University